Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Update on our life: busy! We will be wrapping up baseball in the next couple of weeks and football started last week . They have spring training until mid May. Timothy's summer is getting booked up with prospect camps. He is going to camp with Valdosta, Shorter, and Birmingham Southern. We are debating a few others. Just praying that God will show him his path and slam all other doors.
Here are our pictures>>>
Thursday, April 22, 2010
I am borrowing this from my niece. I thought it would be a good idea to start this Thursday off. I am suppose to list 5 things that make me happy right now.
1. That my best friend from high school and college, and my maid of honor is coming to see me today. We have not seen each other in probably 14 years. YEA!!
2. That I have such an awesome husband, that loves being a part of his family's life!!
3. That I have the privledge to homeschool my children!
4. That my children have people in their lives that strengthen their walk with God.
5. That I have 2 baseball games tonight and get to see my kids play! That won't last for long!
Yea! I did it - Thanks Mandie!!!!
Saturday, April 10, 2010
We had such beautiful weather - God was showing off this week, that is for sure. We had a wonderful time and hopefully made some memories along the way. Here are the hi-lights.....
1. The St. Louis Gateway Arch - unbelievable! I loved it! We went to the top (all of us!!).
2. Riverboad Ride on the Mississippi!
3. St. Louis Zoo - Learned alot about the cycle of life - it must of been mating season at the zoo - so a lot of walking away quickly.
4. St. Louis City Museum - I have not words to describe this place, except - unbelievable. This is a great place for any climbers or just kids that love to roam everywhere.
5. Pappy's Bar-b-que. Voted best restaurant in St. Louis and best Barbque - It was all it says it is!!
6. Ted- Drews Custard - this place is along the historical Route 66 and has been there for over 75 years. It was very good.
7. Got to see Clark's gravesite (of Lewis and Clark)
8. Visited Metropolis, IL (official home of Superman) - this was awesome!
We also visited a cold war bomb shelter in Metropolis. We noticed it was on the side of the building and so... Tricia went inside and asked if we could see it (we are studying the cold war in history) and they let them! School - Check!!
All in all we had a wonderful time! Here are some pictures. Sorry Superman is in my disposable camera.
Friday, April 2, 2010
This week a family that we have known for a few years through sports lost so much. The father and son (jacob's age) were in a car wreck and both passed away. I know that this family was Christian, so there is a peace in that these two precious people are in heaven this Good Friday. But I ask that you pray for the mother and sister left behind. I can not even imagine what they are going through. But once again, we are shown how precious life is and how we should take in every moment, for we do not know when it will be our last. Love the ones you are with!!
Love you all,