Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tooooo Long

It has been way too long - I can't even say it is because we are busy - Football ended - with two Championships and one loss in the championship. We had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. We are now into Basketball with Jacob. Jacob's team is not that good - they have only won one game - but that is ok.

Life has been very interesting. We have had family sickness issues. My parents ended up staying at our house over the holidays almost a month. My dad was hospitalized and then couldn't travel. They are finally home and doing better.

The other thing that still amazes me when it happens is that even at the age of 40 something (Sorry not going to tell that one). I still am learning lessons about people you let into your lives. As parents we are always telling our kids that they need to choose their friends carefully and that friends that lie or talk about us are not friends at all. But as a parent, I am still learning this lesson. I think sometimes as adults we have no choice but to have these people in our lives at times, but I am learning that they don't need to be your friend. Are there any lessons we learn as kids and actually learn them and don't have to keep learning them as adults?

Just a thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment