Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

it has been awhile

It has been awhile - my parents were in town this past week. So on top of our usual busy schedule - we had my parents, and my birthday. Now don't get me wrong - I love having my parents. They used to live right behind us and we got to see them alot - they have since moved to Florida and we get to see them every 3 months or so. It was great to have my mom here - we got to go shopping and spend some time just talking - LOVE IT!! I do miss not having her closer. I also worry for my parents. They take care of my grandmother. Now she can take care of herself pretty much. But she can not drive and her memory seems to be going. The worst part is she treats my parents pretty badly - she tells everyone how bad they are and all the things they won't do for her. This has taken a toll on my parents health and I so wish there was something I could do. They can not afford assisted living, so she lives with them. It is hard to watch and know there really isn't anything you can do. But it was nice to have them here and get their minds off things. My grand mother came with them and at one point she just kept saying she wished she would just die. I could go on, but just know that prayers are needed for them.

My birthday and mother's day were great!! For mother's day we went to see Star Trek!! YEA!! I am such a trekkie and I just loved this movie - I loved even more that we got to go see it as a family!! This is something we don't do much of. Stephen and I also went walking. We are starting to make this a Sunday afternoon habit - I love it - one on one time with him and exercising all at the same time!!

Thursday was National Day of Prayer and we headed down to the Capitol. Our homeschool group has taken part and at times ran this program at the Capitol for about 6 years. This year our group did the pledge and Timothy was asked to be on of the people that prayed. Talk about a proud mama!! He did so good!! The whole service was wonderful and so awesome to see. I kept telling my kids that there may be a day we won't be allowed to do this, so we must always take this opportunity to be there. I was very disappointed in our President, who chose to not take part in this day.



Here is Timothy praying.



The kids leading the Pledge.












No comments:

Post a Comment