Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A crazy couple of days

Yesterday started as a very normal day - Timothy was feeling a little under the weather and so he stayed home from classes. We went to the gym (YEA!!) and worked out and then got ready for the crazy evening. Spring football has started so, we went to spring football, and I was working with the new cheerleading squad we have. Me and Timothy had to leave early and head to his baseball game at 8:00 at Bennett Park. About 1 hour and 30 minutes into the game, Timothy is up to bat and "bam" he hits a shot to centerfield - YEA!! My husband, who is coaching first base is watching the ball fall and waving Timothy desperatly around the bases. What he didn't see is that Timothy had crumbled in a ball at home plate and was going nowhere. He is crying for Stephen to get to him - of course we all run to him and his knee cap is on the side of his leg instead of the top - NOT GOOD!! They call an ambulance and they are putting IV's into his arm right there on the field and as they are trying to get him in a stretcher - the knee cap pops back in. So, in Timothy's eyes - he is ready to play the rest of the game - not so, says Dad. So I followed the ambulance to Gainesville Hospital and we had it x-rayed. There is no damage physical done to the knee, it just needs time to heal and it looks like this is a genetic thing and something he is just going to have to deal with.

Now, I have to say that being a mom is hard here. I love this boy and I know his heart - I know what things are important to him and what his dreams are and it is hard to see him think it is all over for him (in sports). As an adult, I know this is just a very small set back and things will be fine soon - but I also know he hurts and his frustrated with the situation. I don't like being in the middle of these two feelings 1. hurting because your child hurts and 2. knowing it will fine and just letting it heal correctly. I hope that make sense.

I pray God gives me the patience to walk this walk with Timothy. I also know that this is one of those road blocks I was talking about in my previous post.

Please keep him in your prayers - one that it heals fine and quickly and that he will have a patient heart with this process.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment