Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break

We have made it back and are trying so hard to get back into the routine. Our spring break week was fun and full of blessing. Me, Matthew and Jacob traveled with some great friends, the Fullers. We headed to Kentucky to see the Creation Museum. Along the way we went to the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory. The Factory was awesome!! We got to see them making bats for some of the superstars of the Major League. They will not allow you to take pictures in the factory - so I don't have any. We also went to a science museum in Louisville. The science museum is full of hands on stuff for the kids and adults. We really enjoyed all of it. We then headed to the Creation Museum - I have already blogged about it - so I won't go into it - BUT it is well worth the drive to see. The next day we went to Cinncinnati to see the Newport Aquarium - can't say I am overly impressed with it. It was nice but very small and not worth the money we spent to go. My boys would of much rather gone to a Red's game. I must admit - so would have I. Thursday we started to head home, but found that a historical place was on our way - This was the very first high school in America to desegergate. This school did it 1 year before the school in Little Rock that gets all the attention. It was a small little museum honoring those 12 kids that went to the school. It was very well done and very interesting. I can't remember the name - but I will post it later.

Thursday we got home and so did Timothy. Timothy spent his spring break in Puerto Rico on a mission trip. He was very tired but still wanted to share his experiences with us. What a blessing (and that doesn't even seem like a big enough word for it) to have your child so excited about sharing the gospel to others. I don't know if there is anything more special, other than when they come to the Lord, than knowing that your child has a heart for others and seeing those know the Lord. Timothy is going through so much and feeling God leading him in his life right now - that me and Stephen are just enjoying watching this fine young man grow.

We also got to go to a Good Friday service. What a blessing that night was. Very powerful music and prayer time. We so enjoyed it. The night was topped off with dinner with the Bonds (that is Timothy's girlfriend's family and our great friends).

I hope that everyone got a chance to stop and think of all God has given us and especially the ultimate gift of His Son, Jesus. What a gift!!!! The best part of Sunday morning was celebrating the Risen Son!!! My God Lives and I am so blessed to know Him!!!

m

No comments:

Post a Comment