Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2009

what a glorious day that the Lord has made

Today was one of those days that you wish will never end. It started out in church. I truly love to worship with music and Browns Bridge knows how to do it!! Andy preached an awesome sermon! I highly recommend you listen to this sermon on their website. It was about God and Country and simply put - Andy rocked on!! I guess the real truth is that God rocked on through Andy.

Later this afternoon, me and my husband went to the park to walk. It was such a beautiful day that I just couldn't stay inside and I didn't want to do yard work - did I mention that I hate yard work?? We walked almost 3 miles, but the best part is that we spent some quiet, uninterupted time together - no tv, no chores, no kids, no computer - can I get an AMEN!!! It was an awesome hour of just me and him. It seems so simple but when the busyiness of life takes over - you forget to take some "simple" time. I truly loved every minute with him and all the conversations we had during that walk. I want so much to try and make that something we do more often. What a huge blessing from God.

I am also reading the book "Crazy Love" - don't have it here, so I don't know the author - but I highly recommend it. It is one of the most convicting books that I have read in awhile. I am realizing that I have so much growth to do in my walk with God. I am also realizing some of the speed bumps in my way. They are big ones in my eyes - so I am asking God to work on me with these. One of my favorite sayings in this book is this - God give me the grace to rise and follow - that is my prayer and hope.

What a glorious day that the Lord has made and I will be glad in it!!!!

M

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog when I googled "What a glorious day the Lord hath made..." and I noticed you also have boys you're raising... keep up the great work! From a mother in Minnesota also blessed with boys!

    ReplyDelete