Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

My day

What started off as "not going to be a great day", has been close to great. I had to wake up very early to drive to a doctor's appointment in Swanee at 9:00 am. I had to get a heart ultersound, heart ct and stress test done. The first two were easy I just layed there - the stress test was tough - for the simple fact, I am out of shape. After the appointment was over I decided to stop at the Mall of Georgia (or around the mall) and shop at Lifeway (love this one) and goodwill in Buford. It was great, just knowing that I didn't have to be anywhere. Then I grabbed something to eat - just a sandwich and water - no fries. And headed to the Cumming area. I went to the gym and worked out and then went had had my nails done. How awesome is that? I guess maybe those moms who have all their kids in school and don't work outside the home get these types of days more often. But I think I won't trade my kids in yet - I think if I had this too often - it wouldn't be so special. Now, the doctor office is not special, but the rest of it was.

Tonight we are going out to dinner as a family - another treat we don't do enough. The reason being that Timothy leaves Saturday for Puerto Rico (his mission trip) and me and the other boys are leaving Sunday for our spring break adventure, and Stephen will be out of town on business. So it will be nice to have a night where everyone is stuck at the table and has to enjoy each other. It really isn't that bad.

For our spring break adventure, we are going to Kentucky to see Abraham Lincoln's birthplace, the Louisville Slugger Museum, The Creation Museum, and then heading to Ohio to go to the Cinncinnati Zoo. We are so looking forward to this trip.

See you guys when we get back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment