Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Snow!

I must admit for a Southern girl this snow is extreme!! I know for my northern friends it is funny watching us - but when we don't get this kind of weather but every 10 years or so - it seems a little extreme to us.

I am going to play catch up for a minute. We had a wonderful Christmas. My mom in love and my grandmother spent it with us. Which I feel such a blessing for my kids. Dear friends of ours had a tragedy hit them on Christmas Eve. So it was a time to remember of blessings and hold those we love a little closer.

We spent New Years in a mountain house near Pigeon Forge. We spent that time with my parents, siblings, nieces, nephews, and my grandmother. That time is always special. We always have a great time and always want to do it again (a sure sign that we actually like each other :) ).

We are busy with basketball. Matthew and Jacob are playing rec basketball and Jacob got asked to play on a tournament team over the Christmas holiday. His team won it all and it was a lot of fun to watch. Baseball starts soon and believe it or not football starts in April - UGH! Once again, my husband will be lost to the football world.

We are enjoying watching the Atlanta Falcons in the playoffs. They have a really tough game this week - so hopefully we will pull it off and win it.

I have a new friend - well, she really is not all that new anymore - but she reminds me a lot to be thankful for things - even the small things. I am thankful for the snow. It has given Timothy time to recover from his illness and not have to worry about his college classes. It also gave us time to get things done around the house that needed to be done. I also got a huge appreciation for my husband's job. He had to be at work for a couple of days and then when he finally made it home he did a lot from home. He works hard and deals with a lot - We are so very proud of him!!

That is about it. Thanks Ms. H for reminding me to look for the small blessings.


Matthew attacking Claire


Our House



My side yard


Family in the Mountains




The Whole Family












No comments:

Post a Comment