Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

arizona

We are in Arizona right now. We have a dear friend that Stephen met in college and since we were dating, he became a great friend of mine also. His girlfriend at that time has since become his wife and a very close friend also. For about 7 to 8 years now, we try to get away with them once a year. We usually do this in July and the guys pick where they want to golf. Our only conditions are that there is a pool, spa and shopping. This trip has over the years become a time that I treasure with these people. They live in Savannah and are just as busy as we are with their kids, so we really don't see each other that much. We have had some awesome times, some not-so awesome times, but I wouldn't trade this time for anything.
So... We are in Arizona this time. The temperatures have been around 105 - today it is around 114. There is no humidity, so it does not seem that hot - but it is! We have enjoyed some golf. Me and his wife alway go with them one day and drive the carts and act like caddies - we are more like their own personal photographers. We would rather take pictures then figure out what iron or wood that they should use. But it is alway fun. The other day - they play golf while we shop, go to the spa or whatever! We shopped and went to see "The Proposal". We had a great time. Today is a day to just spend time together and have fun. We have spent time at the pool and now we will be heading to shopping (probably to pick up things for the kids we left behind.)

I am learning to treasure times like these more - I guess that comes with age - but they are true blue friends that have seem us through some very trying times in the past and I will be forever grateful for their friendship. I am also learning to appreciate the places that I get to see - and this place is a sure sign that God loves art. What he has done with the landscape in this area is truly breathtaking. I wish I had more time to enjoy it. (maybe even some cooler weather).

I am also truly grateful for Trisha who took my kids at the last minute - when my other babysitter fell through. She has been such a heaven sent friend. I am not too sure how I will repay her.

Well that is it for now - I will try and post pictures.

Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment