Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

A day at the airport.....

Wow! I sat at the airport for around 11 hours, trying very hard to get on a flight to anywhere in Pennsylvania. I am going there to go to my Grandma's furneral. I was able to get Matthew on the first flight out with his grandparents (my mom and dad). There were mix ups and mess ups along the way - but my husband came through in the end. He found a flight to Harrisburg that had seats and we got me listed and finally on a plane. I reached my destination around 10:30 pm and got to the hotel around midnight.

It is a blessing that my dad worked and now is retired from Delta and for that I am so grateful for all the places we have gone over the years and that I can still fly for really cheap. But sometimes trying to go somewhere stand-by can be a bear. But if we must look to positive side of things - I did finish my book, a knitted two caps for my American girl camp and enjoyed "people watching". The wait was not bad - it was just the fact of not knowing if I would get on the next flight.

So....... I am here and looking forward to seeing family that we don't usually get to see and celebrating my grandma's life. She was amazing. She was bigger than life to me and I loved the idea of remembering her that way.

Love you Grandma and say hello to Jesus for me!!!!!!!

Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment