Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Be still

Today at bible study we are reading through the Bible and we are at the part where Moses knows that he is going to die and that they will be going to the promise land. He is reading off chapters of rules and laws that they are to obey - now, these weren't just rules to be mean - they were set up by God to help protect these people from outsiders and other idols. But one of the things we discussed was the idea of being still and waiting on God - which the Isrealites had a huge problem with - ok, so do we.

I am blown away by this whole idea every time I study it or discuss it. Being still. If you know me - that is a challenge in itself. Being still, being patient on God. But what I got from my lesson today which I don't believe I have in the past is this.... While you are being still - be in God's Word. It makes sense - how can you hear His voice in the stillness - if you are not in His Word. I really need to practice this being still thing - but I so need to add the being in His Word.

This is my challenge to myself. BE STILL and stay in His Word until it is clear and peace rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment