Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Kennesaw Mountain

Me and boys went to Kennesaw today. Matthew and Jacob are studying the civil war - and it has been a lifetime since we went - so we went today. What a gorgeous day it was - not too hot and not too cold. We did the school things and read all that we needed to read and then the boys got the bright idea that we could walk all the way up. Well, I will not be out done by my boys - so up we went. OH MY GOODNESS, I need to exercise more. I am so out of shape. Jacob of course ran up the mountain, Timothy right behind him - he would stop every so often to let me and Matthew get is sight range of him. Me and Matthew came up the rear. I almost called it quits when Matthew say "I think I see building." So just 25 yards in front of us was the top. I MADE IT!! Can I just say again - that I need to exercise more........

The view was so worth it - it was a beautiful clear day and you could see forever. What a blessing that God gave us today. Then came another blessing - Timothy offered to run down the mountain and get the car and drive it up to the top - so we could have our picnic lunch at the top. It was great!!

Anyone that knows me knows that I love American History and this was such a treat for me. I love it when we can learn about this awesome country and all it's growing pains. The more we know of it's history the better prepared we are to go forward to the future and not repeat these mistakes again. I will not lecture. - but I do feel that the founding fathers would be so disappointed in what we have done with the country they sacrificed their lives to build.

Here are some pictures....













No comments:

Post a Comment